One of the buying factor which pet owners choose a particular pet food is the shelf life aka expiry date. Most pet owners would prefer to purchase pet food with a longer shelf life or with a later expiry date, so that they can store the food for a longer period of time. However, longer shelf life also equates to more preservatives being added.
In The Honest Kitchen, we preserve the food by gently dehydrating the ingredients in order to create a healthier type of pet food with more nutritional values. Our foods have a shelf life of 12 to 24 months from the date of manufacturing, depending on the product.
- Complete diets which contains protein (E.g Embark/ Zeal/ Force/ Thrive/ Brave/ Marvel/ Halcyon/ Keen/ Prowl/ Grace) – 12 months from MFG date
- Base mixes (Preference) – 18 months from MFG date
- Cookies (Nuzzles / Smooches) – 12 months from MFG date
- Pure fish treats (Wishes/ Beams/ Quickies/Smittens) – 18 months from MFG date
- Pro Bloom – 12 months from MFG date
- Perfect Form – 24 months from MFG date
The date of manufacture is printed on the top of every 10lbs box in a specially designed ‘tear out and keep’ card, while the Best Before date is printed on the bottom on the 2lbs bottle.
Top of the 10 lbs box
Note: The manufacture date printed on our 10lbs boxes are in USA format (MM/DD/YY).
Over in Singapore, it takes about 2-3 months for the freshest batch of dehydrated food to reach us, which explains the short expiry date by the time it is being bought. But! Not to worry as our dehydrated foods are naturally shelf stable and upon storing them in a cool, dry place, the nutritional values will still remain.